Followers

Friday 12 February 2016

Visible Image Stamps, Candy Box Crafts 'Boxette', Viva Chalk Paints, Archival Ink, Grungepaste, Gilding wax & Gilding flake.



Hello,
I was lucky enough to have a project I'd created showcased, in the March 'Craft Stamper' magazine, it's so exciting to see my work in a publication.
 I was asked by Helen and Mark (aka Visible Image), to use one of their awesome new stamp sets, on a multi media project, so I chose a
 'Candy Box Crafts' fabulous 'Boxette' to work with, here is the result.

The stamp set I used was......Learn to Fly Again


I painted all the components of the Boxette with a coat of dark blue chalk paint, waited until it was dry then added a coat of pale blue chalk paint, when it was all dry I rubbed the paint down using a fine grade sand paper, which exposed the darker paint in places, giving it a bit of a shabby look.


Using a combination of gilding flake glue and Navy Archival Ink, I stamped all the pieces of MDF, using all three of the stamps in the set, and added Gold Gilding Flake to the gluey bits.


Using a stencil and some Grunge paste, I added bits of detail here and there on each piece, whilst still wet wet, I added fine glitter. 
After it was dry, I glued together all the components, making up the boxette.


To finish off the box, I went around all the edges with gold Gilding wax, and added a little Stardust Stickles for a bit of extra sparkle.

Don't forget that Mark and I are on the telebox on this 
Sunday (Valentines Day) 14th February, at 10am,
 We will be showcasing 6 brand new Stamp Sets, and the MDF Monoliths,
 showing you some techniques,
 and giving you ideas of how you could decorate them.

Create & Craft, Sky 674, Freeview 36, Virgin 748, or Freesat 813.

Some sites of interest for you to visit....


Thanks for dropping in, hugs, Pauline xxxxx



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your publication!! This is a fabulous project.
    Will look out for you tomorrow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete